Sunday, August 19, 2012

1 Day

Hi y'all,

Tomorrow is the day. The day I start my journey as a music major. I realized I forgot to tell say that I'm studying music therapy once I'm done with community college. I've wanted to study music therapy for a little over a year now. I had always known that I wanted to study music but I didn't know what I wanted specifically to study. At one point I wanted to be a performer. I wanted to do the whole American Idol thing and become famous and what not. And then I decided that that wasn't for me. Then I wanted to be on Broadway. That lasted for a few years. When I was actually cast in my first musical, I couldn't really dance. So I ruled out being on Broadway. When I was cast as Sally Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, I realized that I definitely wanted to keep theater in my life no matter how bad of a dancer I was. Which isn't that bad. I can dance. Just not as well as some people. So after some research, I discovered music therapy and I fell in love with the idea of it. For those of you who don't know, music therapy is a form of healing the mind and body. Music has been proven to help people with physical, mental, and emotional disabilities. Helping people is a huge part of my life as well as music, so I thought "why not just make it my career?" and that's what I plan on doing.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment