Saturday, August 18, 2012

2 Days

Hey there,

College is looming over me like a cloud. Whether that cloud is dark or not I haven't quite figured out yet. I am excited to start college and not being in high school. I'm excited to be starting my grown up life, however, I don't actually want to become a grown up. But that's life and there's no changing that. I'll just have to be a kid on the inside for the rest of my life. I think I'm okay with that.

Today I was faced with the hardship of saying goodbye to my best friend of 8 years as she goes to college in Tampa at USF. Yeah, yeah, it's only two hours away, she'll be home every two weeks. But anyone with a long time best friend will tell you that it's not the same. For someone who's been seeing their best friend almost every day for the past 8 years, it's hard to come to terms with the fact that that's coming to an end. But it's another step in our adventure as friends and it will only bring us closer together.

I've just decided that I am looking forward to being a college student and experiencing new things. It will be fun and hopefully a little bit exciting. being a music major should keep me on my toes. I'm sorry this post isn't really about being a music major. But that will come on Monday. At any rate, enjoy the last weekend of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment